Tryouts for the 2020-2021 cheer season have been set for July 20, 2020. Tryouts will be done virtually this year.
In order to tryout, student-athletes will need the following:
- Completed Cheer Tryout packet – The cheer tryout packet is available at this link. Scan and email this packet to email@example.com. Consolidate the Cheer Tryout Packet into one file please. There are free apps such as Genius Scan for those who do not have access to a scanner. The deadline for the packet is July 16, 2020 at 6pm. Packets are to be emailed in and not turned in at the school.
- A completed Sports Physical Packet dated after April 1, 2020 (all four pages of the packet) – The required sports physical can be found here. Email completed packets to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Consolidate the Physical Packet into one file please (all four pages must be included). There are free apps such as Genius Scan for those who do not have access to a scanner. Please send physical packets as one file and assure scans are readable.
- COVID-19 Waiver – The district’s COVID-19 waiver that can be found here and is required to be signed and on file before the first practice. Email completed COVID-19 waivers to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- A copy of GPA/Final Grades. Scan and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure you are on our email list for updates, please fill out our Google form by clicking this link.
The try out material that is required to learn can be found below:
Chant with explanation:
Dance with 8 counts:
General information about tryouts and what to expect after tryouts are outlined in the cheer packet. Even if you have already submitted your application, please take the time to read over the updated packet for new information about tryouts and what to expect. If you have already submitted your cheer application, another submission is NOT needed. We still have your information on file and you do not have to resend it.
A completed cheer packet consists of:
- The cheer application.
- Sports physical packet dated after April 1, 2020.
- COVID-19 Waiver.
- A copy of GPA/Final Grades.
Final day to return cheer tryout packets has been extended to July 16 at 6pm. Cheer Tryout Packets should be scanned and emailed to email@example.com. Physical Packets and COVID-19 waivers must be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. There are free apps such as Genius Scan for those who do not have access to a scanner. Please send physical packets as one file and assure scans are readable.
You will receive an email with a try out time slot and a try out number. It is imperative you have this information at tryouts.
There will be a mandatory virtual cheer parent meeting on July 22 at 6:30pm to discuss practice start dates, the upcoming season, fundraising, and to answer any questions regarding the cheer season. Please plan to attend in the event your child is selected for the 2020-2021 season.
For all questions/concerns regarding cheer, please email Coach Porche at firstname.lastname@example.org.